Sales of 4A Games’ Metro Exodus have topped 6 million units worldwide, Koch Media’s parent company Embracer Group has confirmed.
The Swedish video game holding company revealed the number of sales in its latest financial results report for the third quarter of 2021. According to the report, as of December 31, 2021, more than 6 million copies of Metro’s latest installment have been sold. sold since its worldwide release. launch in February 2019.
“The primary revenue driver for the quarter was strong back-catalog performance, which exceeded management’s expectations,” the report said. “The major contribution has been the success of the recent Hot Wheels Unleashed developed and published by Milestone. Since its launch on September 30, Hot Wheels Unleashed™ has sold one million copies worldwide as of December. Sales of the back -catalog were also driven by evergreen title Metro Exodus, which has sold 6 million copies since its launch in February 2019, and Saints Row The Third: Remastered.
While the sales figures are accurate for the game’s predecessors, we do know that Metro Exodus sales far exceeded those of its predecessors – Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light, as well as the Metro Redux collection.
Metro Exodus was released for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on February 15, 2019. The title received a next-gen update for PS5 and Xbox Series X | S last year.
Metro Exodus Next-Gen Update Features
- Enhanced for the latest consoles – Enhanced to utilize the power of Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, including 60FPS, up to 4K resolution, series-first Field Of View slider, and lighting Ray Traced.
- Enhanced for Xbox Series X |S – optimized for platform-specific features, including spatial audio and Smart Delivery support. Xbox Series X will offer full Ray Traced lighting, 4K 60FPS and Xbox Series S will offer full Ray Traced lighting, 60FPS and 1080p resolution. Available via Smart Delivery.
- Enhanced for PlayStation 5 – optimized for platform-specific features including support for DualSense™ haptic feedback and 3D audio, plus full Ray Traced lighting and 4K 60FPS visuals.
- Discover Sandbox Survival – escape the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and follow a gripping story that connects classic Metro gameplay with massive non-linear levels.
- Mortal combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of crafted weapons and engage human and mutant enemies in exciting tactical combat.
- Explore a hostile world – embark on a journey that spans an entire year of spring, summer, and fall to the depths of nuclear winter. Experience the Russian wilderness, brought to life by day/night cycles and dynamic weather.